Service Desk Analyst Cover Letter
A Service Desk Analyst is responsible for customer support, offering both service and technical support to in-house staff and external clients. It is the job of the Service Desk Analyst to analyze and resolve problems, be they installation, maintenance or implementation issues of software and hardware technologies. This support is provided through remote communication or telephonically to the client. Duties can include providing end user training and education, installing new and updated hardware and software versions and troubleshooting issues.
Job listings for Service Desk Analysts reveal common sought-after skills and knowledge requirements such as:
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional understanding of Windows-Dos, Microsoft applications
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical training
- Superior customer service skills
- Willingness to cover outside of normal business working hours if required
- Motivation and drive to meet set target objectives
- Organizational skills
Use the sample Service Desk Analyst cover letter below as a guide as you craft your own cover letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Service Desk Analyst Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Ridley
I would like to put forward my application as a candidate for the Service Desk Analyst position at Digi Pro Tech. I am a highly experienced Service Desk Analyst with five years’ work experience in this role, two years at Channel Eleven and the last three at Burnham Digital Solutions. I have received intensive on-the-job training and have excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills. I have had to rely on my analytical and critical thinking skills to perform my duties effectively.
I have multiple certifications including A+ and HDI, and I keep updated on new developments in the industry. In my role as Service Desk Analyst I had to carry out numerous responsibilities: Configure network access accounts, install and upgrade hardware and software as and when required, providing training to end users, escalating unresolved issues and provided telephonic and online assistance.
I am proud of the following highlights I’ve achieved thus far in my career:
- Developed more than 150 knowledge base solutions including operating procedures for customer specific troubleshooting.
- Trained 25 new employees on customer service responsibilities such as responding to request for assistance calls appropriately, effectively and in keeping with company standards.
- Attained 80% high first call resolution on a monthly cycle and achieved a 95% customer satisfaction rate on my troubleshooting abilities.
- Provided technical support telephonically and online for first call resolution of 55+ reported assistance requests every week.
My goal in performing all my duties is to provide the ultimate in customer service excellence. I ensure that I resolve all issues quickly and efficiently to ensure in-house employees and clients can get back to using their computers and IT equipment with as little downtime as possible. I hope you find enough interest in my resume to call me in for an interview soon. Thank you for your time.
Service Desk Manager Resume Samples
Service Desk Managers provide resources necessary to the Service Desk team, as well as create and maintain procedures for problem resolutions and processes. Responsibilities highlighted on example resumes in this field include developing a unified IT support call center to maturity as a single point of contact for thousands of technology users, and creating and implementing process improvements to better monitor team productivity and increase customer satisfaction. In order to be considered for this position, a candidate must have a bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, information systems management, or a related field on his or her resume.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Service Desk Manager Jobs page.
Service Desk Manager
Manage the CDC/OCOO/OD/PGO Service Desk providing Tier 2 support for the Integrated Contract Expert (ICE) application, Tier 1 support IMPAC II grant application and limited support for Purchase card and other intranet services including SharePoint. My leadership has enabled the desk to provide consistently above average performance resolving issues for customers and achieving a customer satisfaction rating above 85% for the last 6 months.
- Improved reporting metrics, create, maintained and updated operational process documentation that improved collaboration with other service desks (i.e. MISO, OCFO and PGO Tier 3 support).
- Received outstanding employee recognition for last quarter of 2014 leading the PGO Service Desk
- Assist in triage of phone calls and email generated tickets to PGO Service Desk
- Collaborate with CDC management and other business partners that has improved efficiency in ICE support and reduced downtime for contract and grant management specialists.
Service Desk Manager
Provide quality, cost efficient systems support for the customer while acting as a facilitator between the customer and other support departments. Managed Staff of 30+ employees in a 24/7/365 environment
- Received a merit award from Account Executive for increasing our account revenue through organic expansion by $500k/year.
- Maintained a 93% positive customer satisfaction rating increased the first call resolution percentage by 50% during the same period.
- Reduced the number of open incidents by 53% at the same time there was an increase of 40% of tickets.
- Consolidated 2-room service desk environment into a 1-room service desk environment with a more ergonomic desk setup with a "pod" like structure that allowed us to align support groups more appropriately.
- Co-created new process called "Daily Work Flow" meetings. This added the value of enforcing all areas of IT to manage their incidents in a more timely and organized fashion.
- Participated in PCI (Payment Card Industry) and sOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) audits as they were held.
IT Service Desk Manager
Managed a Service Desk call center, Desk Side, Trainers and Software Analyst teams, including 10 associates. Provided high quality technical support for 1,000 domestic and international customers. Ensured adherence with standards. Led in development of strategic directions for teams to address critical business needs. Formed and facilitated root cause analysis teams as needed. Managed SLA's for entire team, communicated clear expectations to customers regarding response and resolution times.
- Effectively monitored delivery of service, achieved satisfaction levels of 94%.
- Analyzed escalated issues and identified/implemented solutions that improved service quality.
- Developed support process improvements that resulted in greater efficiencies.
- Created Service Level Agreements in partnership with cross functional business teams.
- Reduced aging issues by 20% by facilitating Problem Management process and meetings.
- Participated on several projects resulting in effective implementations.
Service Desk Manager
Increased retention via incentive/bonus programs, active and sincere engagement with employees, identifying company perception challenges and developing training requirements and career paths that staff could easily understand and follow.
- Conducted all hiring, training/mentoring, scheduling and performance reviews of 14 Desk/Field Level I/II Engineers, four client-staffed (remote) Level II Engineers, two Help Desk Coordinators and two Level III escalation admins.
- Increased client survey satisfaction numbers from 93.8% to 96.3% with an exceptional attrition rate of one lost client.
- Identified staff/process inefficiencies and client on-site scope creep that yielded up to an annual savings of $20,000 per incident. Total evaluations resulted in nearly $170,000 annual savings.
- Worked with the CTO, CEO and VP of sales to convert existing per-incident clients to managed clients. Provided service utilization reports of profit-draining clients, yielding an overall increase of MRR from $318K to $362K in just over a year.
- Managed all aspects of the Service Desk for a busy and growing Managed Service Provider servicing 110+ clients, over 9,000 seats and a volume of 1500 calls and 5500 tickets per month.
- Produced a wide variety of both off-the-shelf and custom Excel reports/metrics highlighting industry-standard KPIs.
IT Service Desk Manager
Oversaw 10 associates focusing on end-user incidents, service requests, and promoting a culture of IT Service Management.
- Increased awareness of IT service outages and planned changes by globally revamping IT communication strategy.
- Minimized downtime and increased awareness of Priority 1 incidents by developing internal Global IT process and communication strategy.
- Promoted Service Desk and Self Help tool services by leading site-wide awareness program.
- Standardized and improved work processes and weekly / monthly KPI reporting by instituting a global framework.
- Increased capabilities of new service desk technicians by establishing a technical training program.
- Prioritized workload and balanced resources through proactive review of ticket queues and participation in project management discussions.
Service Desk Manager
Managed the operation of 17 Service Desk personnel to provide support to 3500 users.
- Reduced the incident ticket backlog from 2011 and 2012.
- Increased response times to surpass SLAs/requirements.
- Mentored staff and trained office personnel on Remedy 7.5
- Established the OCIO Service Desk Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Participated as a member of the Change Control Board.
Service Desk Manager / Desktop Support Manager
Managed a group of technical specialists focused on supporting business lines globally 24 by 7. Directed support activities for desktop services and Help Desk functions. Managed internal and outsourced functions that provided shared and dedicated support services to 15,000+ internal customers across the Americas.
- Managed large helpdesk/desktop support technical teams for both trading and non-trading operations.
- Tracked and measured vendor performance based on contractual SLA's to ensure objectives were consistently met with the highest degree of efficiency while monitoring ongoing expense control.
- Supervised a dedicated MAC (moves/adds/changes) group that handled relocation activities for non-data center equipment. Always met or surpassed objectives within timeframe and budget proposals.
- Modified staffing levels to achieve cost reductions while improving customer service levels.
Service Desk Manager
Started as a service desk engineer supporting end users with various hardware and software problems.
- Promoted to a service desk manager leading a team of three, and then six, after new labs were acquired.
- Met regularly with general managers of locations to update them on department status, get their IT feedback, and address any areas or issues that are of urgent attention.
- Designed and launched an upgraded service desk version of Techexcel, created training documents, and introduced it to the end users.
- Supervised the team, monitored the service desk incidents, ran reports, and used specific KPIs to measure my team on their performance.
- Supported users remotely using Teamviewer tool or RDP, as well as email, and phone support.
- Issues and requests that we commonly dealt with include but are not limited to: New users Set up in AD, Cirtix access, Microsoft Dynamic AX problems, printer and phone problems, OS upgrades, hardware, and software problems, and in-house programs related issues.
- Managed yearly department budgets (hardware and software), maintained an up to date list of asset management, and purchased department inventory.
It Service Desk Manager
Managed Service Desk/IT Help Desk call center team of 30 employees, (first level and advanced level) who provided support for desktop, hardware and software problems and requests for 16,000 TXU/ATMOS ENERGY employees 24 hours a day, via phone, email and remote control tools.
- Deployed Help Desk Institute best practices and monthly resolved 11,000 computer, mainframe, print and application servers, security, system, telecommunications problems and requests
- Negotiated and managed client and vendor software, hardware and contract service level agreements
- Coordinated and negotiated incident, problem, change and project management, to assure minimal or no service impact
- Utilized problem-solving techniques and critical analysis to resolve critical
- Prepared technical guides and trained employees and customers for service improvement
- Attained "Best in Class" Gartner Group award designation with decreased call analysis talk time, increased first call resolution time, and increased customer satisfaction rating, attributed to entire team obtaining industry standard certifications, A+ Computer Hardware and Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS)
Service Desk Manager, U.s
Managed daily SD activities, responding to more than 50,000 user contacts monthly
- Supervised, trained and coached more than 50 SD technicians and system administrators
- Monitored SD performance against key performance indicators and service level agreements to ensure service and quality objectives were met
- Interviewed and evaluated candidates for SD positions as technicians and administrators
- Worked collaboratively with Government and contractor staff to review and refine problem handling and escalation processes
- Oversaw the knowledge base to ensure that the 1,500 documents it contained were regularly reviewed and updated
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.