Draftsman Cover Letter
Draftsmen are employed by the construction and manufacturing industries and are responsible for creating technical drawings. These days, Draftsmen use computer-aided design software to complete their work, although a good Draftsman should also be able to draw the traditional manner. Examples of work duties for a Draftsman include discussing requirements with clients, collecting information to be included in drawings, visiting construction sites, and helping to develop instruction manuals.
A Draftsman cover letter sample should mention skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Technical skills
- Drawing abilities
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant computer programs
- Problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management
Below is displayed a cover letter for Draftsman highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Draftsman Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Peterson:
Upon reviewing your posting for a Draftsman, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my professional experience and advanced education in architecture, along with my skills in team collaboration and project lifecycle management, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your firm in this capacity.
With a solid foundation in the complexities of architecture and design—as well as my Master of Architecture degree—my background has prepared me to excel in this position. Throughout the past seven years with McCann & McNeil Design, I have honed my skills in creating detailed drawings, plans, and structural visual representations in support of architects and engineers. Additionally, my organizational, communication, and leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Providing wide-ranging support as Draftsman with McCann & McNeil Design, producing complex floor plans, elevations, RCPs, and building sections for commercial and residential projects, as well as interior fit-out drawings for retail stores and offices.
- Working closely with designers and translating their concepts, ideas, and sketches into professional documented blueprints; expertise in AutoCad, Revit, 3D Max, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Participating in a collaborative team-oriented environment, leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and project management talents while leveraging a keen eye for design.
- Earning a Master of Architecture degree from Pittsburgh State University in 2010.
With my previous professional experience, coupled with my commitment to quality excellence, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael R. Osborne
Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Design Engineer
As you launch your career in design engineering, make sure you design a resume that does justice to your qualifications. Get inspired by this sample.
Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Design Engineer
As you launch your career in design engineering, make sure you design a resume that does justice to your qualifications, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Get inspired by this resume sample for an entry-level design engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level design engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about engineering careers and creative design careers, and search for design engineer jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level Design Engineer resume template
Seeking Summer Design Engineer Internship Within the Manufacturing Sector
College junior majoring in manufacturing engineering technologywho is highly motivated to secure a design engineer internship. Honors student with practical work experience within the manufacturing sector; technical skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro; and a foundation in automated manufacturing systems and simulation modelling techniques.
ABC UNIVERSITY (ABET-accredited institution) — Sometown, AZ
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters); Tau Alpha Pi (Engineering Technology Honor Society)
Completed Coursework Includes:
- Introduction to Engineering Technology
- Technical Drafting & CAD
- Computer-Aided Design & Integrated Manufacturing
- Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Dynamics)
- Engineering Problem-Solving Tools
- Fluid Power Systems
- Manufacturing Processes / Six Sigma Quality
- Strength of Materials / Material Analysis
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Computer-Aided Planning (CAP)
- Principles of Numerical Controls
- Tool & Die Fundamentals
XYZ MANUFACTURING — Sometown, AZ
Large furniture manufacturer
Production Operator(full time in summers, part time during fall and spring semesters), 8/14 to Present
Gained manufacturing experience working with sophisticated automated systems used in the mass production of high-quality furniture and assemblies. Operate, adjust and maintain assembly-line equipment according to established guidelines.
- Design Engineering Projects: Selected to assist tool design engineers in the development of jigs and fixtures using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro. Helped deliver solutions that saved an estimated $48K annually by reducing costly hand work, minimizing waste and improving quality control.
- Manufacturing Problem Solving: Demonstrated technical troubleshooting strengths in pinpointing and resolving equipment malfunctions related to statistical process control (SPC) issues.
- Production Line Operations: Consistently commended for adhering to company SOPs to ensure optimal production efficiency, quality and safety.
- Top-Rated Performance: Earned outstanding marks on performance reviews, with special recognition for teamwork, attention to detail and going “above and beyond” to drive corporate goal attainment.
Intermediate to Advanced Proficiencies in: AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
Basic Proficiencies in: SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro